Introduction

 Hello, my name is Hope Herr. I am a junior at North Dakota State University and my major is accounting. My first year of college I had no idea what I wanted to do in my life. I first went into nursing, then computer science. I'm not sure if Covid-19 ruined my experience with my classes for those majors but I felt like it didn't fit me. For a while, I was panicking as to what I should choose next as my major. I was scared that I wouldn't be able to find a career for me. I was making a list of subjects I like to do in school and math was always one of my favorites. That is how I came across accounting. To this day, I'm still not sure what exact job I am looking in the job market. My intermediate accounting professor has brought this up in class the other day and I am hoping that this semester I can find a few careers that I may be interested in.


                                                                    

Some things that I am planning to do this semester, is to attend more accounting club meetings. I know that if I want to find internships or job opportunities I need to branch out, meet new people and really look for opportunities rather than just waiting on the sidelines for them. My professor is one of the leaders that leads the accounting club, and she talked about how different companies will come to NDSU from different places and explain what they do in the company and what you would expect when working there. I think this is a really good opportunity for me find what I may like to do in the future.

Comments